- We welcome abstract in the form of original papers, quality improvement reports, health system research reports and epidemic reports on all aspects of public health medicine.
- All abstract will undergo blind peer review before being accepted and eligible for presentation at the conference.
- Presenter must be a registered participant of the conference.
- Deadline for abstract submission is:
15th May 2018.31st May 2018 (New date)
- Accepted abstract will be published in Malaysian Journal of Public Health Medicine (MJPHM)(supplementary) edition – a scopus indexed journal of Impact Factor 0.254
- The abstract must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- PDF format is not accepted.
- Format of Abstract
- Title of the article (UPPERCASE).
- Authors – Full names
- The font: Trebuchet MS.
- The font size: 10 for the whole text except the TITLE (14).
- Space: single (before: 0 & after: 0).
- Should be unstructuredabstract (no headings such as: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion).
- References not allowed in abstracts.
- Below the abstract, provide 3 to 5 key words that will assist indexers in cross-indexing the article.
- Words should not be more than 250 words.
Example of abstract:
[Download the template HERE]
GUIDELINES TO PRESENTERS
Guidelines for oral presentation
- Presentations should be brief discussions of a focused topic. They are similar to short papers with an introduction, main body, results and conclusion.
- Each presenter will be given 8 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for question and answer.
- Keep visual aids simple and uncluttered.
- Use color and contrast for emphasis but use them in moderation
- Use a font large enough to be seen from the back of the room
- For an 8 minutes talk use no more than 10 slides
- Presenter must send a slide presentation file as an email attachment to secretariat in advanced
Guidelines for Poster Presentation
- The poster must be made in A1 size and portrait position. It should be obvious to the viewer. It generally should read from left to right, and top to bottom.
- Lettering for the title should be large (at least 70 point). Include the title of your presentation at the top of the poster.
- Each poster must include text in a large enough font (~24-point font) to be read easily by attendees from 4 to 5 feet or more.
- Lettering on illustrations should be large and legible.
- Avoid overcrowding figures and cramming too many numbers into tables.
- Legends and titles should accompany all figures, tables, photographs.
- Each presenter should be at the side of their poster before the poster session to brief the summary of the project
For any inquiry, please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org